Misleading Claim Category
Failure to mention adverse outcomes
1. There is ample evidence that chiropractic care is safe for children and NOT A SHRED of evidence that it is harmful or dangerous.
Misuse of the literature
1. In relation to the treatment of neck and back pain, studies have shown that a course of chiropractic care was 250 times safer than a course of anti-inflammatory drugs.c
2. Studies show that mothers under chiropractic care, delivering the first baby, have 25% reduced labour time in comparison to women without care and even 31% shorter labour time in case of pregnancy after the first child.d
3. An Australian study indicates that women consulting with chiropractors during pregnancy are less likely to require a caesarean section after onset of labour or to have a premature birth.e
4. chiropractic care may help with: asthma & allergies, reflux & colic, blood pressure & more. f
Webster technique or claims to affect positioning of an unborn foetus.
1. However, a realignment method, known as the Webster Technique, has a 92% success rate in optimal foetal positioning.
Making unsubstantiated claims.
1. If I had cancer or any illness, I’d rather remove my subluxations, so my nervous system is functioning at 100%. It would be many times worse if I had cancer and a nervous system that isn’t working well.